MONROE, La., Dec. 8, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- As an Advanced Consulting Partner within the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Partner Network (APN) and the official AWS Networking Sponsor for AWS re:Invent 2017, CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE: CTL) deployed AWS Direct Connect along the Las Vegas strip to power the show for more than 40,000 on-site attendees and more than 50,000 live-streaming viewers. CenturyLink executives are sharing the key insights they are taking away from the event.
Key takeaways from Chris McReynolds, vice president of core network services, CenturyLink:
- There's a greater focus on the value of collaboration as businesses move applications to the cloud. Not all enterprises have that expertise, so they are looking to consultants and IT service companies to help them move and secure those applications.
- Digital transformation never ends; as customer needs continue to evolve, businesses will have to keep pace.
Key takeaways from Dave Shacochis, vice president of hybrid IT services, CenturyLink:
- Businesses are facing more than just technology problems. They're concerned with driving greater agility, doing more with less and allocating costs against all the options available in the public cloud, private cloud and hybrid cloud arenas.
- Teamwork is essential. To maximize the benefits of the cloud, enterprises need alignment and a cohesive team approach across their development, operations and IT finance groups.
- The network is cool again. In the rapidly expanding IoT world, network continues to play a vital role in realizing the potential of cloud innovation.
Hear Chris and Dave's key takeaways from AWS re:Invent 2017: bit.ly/CTLreINVENT17.
- Learn How to Align the Three Spheres of Influence in Enterprise
- Watch Managing Hybrid IT - Q&A with AWS and CenturyLink from #reinvent17
- Read CenturyLink deploys AWS Direct Connect along the Las Vegas strip to power AWS re:Invent 2017
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world's best networking company by solving customers' increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers' trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.