WASHINGTON, Jan. 31, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE: CTL) and collab9, a leading FedRAMP-authorized provider of secure cloud communications, today announced a recent contract win to provide Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) capabilities to the Defense Nuclear Facilities Safety Board (DNFSB).
The contract, which has a term of one year with two one-year renewal options, was awarded to CenturyLink via one of the General Services Administration's (GSA) contracts held by CenturyLink's wholly-owned subsidiary, Level 3 Communications, LLC.
DNFSB is an independent organization within the executive branch of the U.S. government that is chartered with the responsibility of providing recommendations and advice to the President and the Secretary of Energy regarding public health and safety issues at Department of Energy defense nuclear facilities.
"CenturyLink is excited to work with collab9 to provide DNFSB with a modern unified communications system that helps the agency focus on its mission to ensure that America's defense nuclear facilities are operated safely with proper public health protections," said David Young, CenturyLink regional vice president, strategic government.
"collab9 is aware of the critical nature of DNFSB's mission, and we are privileged to provide our secure unified communications service to support the safe operation and maintenance of our nation's defense nuclear facilities," commented Steven Boberski, collab9's vice president of business development.
DNFSB joins the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Customs and Border Protection in embracing collab9's FedRAMP-authorized unified communications, collaboration and contact center solutions.
- By supplying big data and IT services over its carrier-class network, CenturyLink provides government agencies with the security and reliability they need to carry out their important missions.
- CenturyLink is currently ranked No. 35 on Washington Technology's 2017 Top 100 list of federal government IT contractors.
- collab9's secure cloud communications platform offers a number of benefits to government agencies, including:
- Cost savings, reduction in capital expenditures, reduction in on-going maintenance
- A modern platform to support workplace transformation
- Seamless integration with existing systems
- Scalability, including on-demand access to infrastructure during disasters or critical events
- Service reliability
- Support for Continuity of Operations Plans with multiple, dual-redundant data centers
Collab9 is a best-of-breed, FedRAMP Authorized Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) provider catering to the public sector marketplace. Collab9's solution integrates voice, video, messaging, mobility, presence, conferencing, and customer care in one predictable, user-based subscription model. Available on multiple federal and state government procurement vehicles, collab9 enables agencies to securely move their communications infrastructure into the cloud with a platform designed to meet NIST cloud security standards. For more information, visit: www.collab9.com; follow @collab9 on Twitter.
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world's best networking company by solving customers' increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers' trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
SOURCE CenturyLink, Inc.