MONROE, La., Oct. 26, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- In support of National Disability Employment Awareness Month, CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE: CTL) will host motivational speaker Jessica Cox to address the company's employees across the globe. Cox, who was born without arms and has overcome numerous obstacles during her life, will speak to employees about the value of diversity, fearlessness and perseverance.
Her presentation will take place Oct. 26 at CenturyLink headquarters in Monroe, La., and will be broadcast live digitally for the company's entire workforce.
Born without arms as the result of a birth defect, Cox never allowed her disability to hold her back. Despite suffering self-esteem issues as a child and physical challenges throughout her life, she managed to achieve several remarkable feats, including flying a plane with her feet. Cox is also a Tae Kwon Do black belt, has learned to drive a car with her feet, and has a college degree. She has written a book titled, Disarm Your Limits.
"CenturyLink has always believed in the power of diversity, which includes recognizing the talents of people with disabilities," said Aamir Hussain, CenturyLink executive vice president and chief technology officer. "In keeping with that philosophy, we are proud to support National Disability Employment Awareness Month, and Jessica is the ideal person to speak about the importance of diversity, fearlessness and perseverance."
Cox's appearance coincides with CenturyLink's celebration of Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Week. This year's theme – Include. Inspire. Impact. – seeks to inspire inclusive behaviors that will positively affect employees, customers and the communities served by the company.
- In support of National Disability Employment Awareness Month, motivational speaker Jessica Cox will address CenturyLink employees on Oct. 26.
- Born without arms, Cox will speak about the power of diversity, fearlessness and perseverance. She travels globally to promote diversity in the workplace and has inspired others to overcome obstacles.
- Cox's appearance coincides with CenturyLink's celebration of Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Week.
- To learn more about Jessica Cox, visit https://www.jessicacox.com/.
- To learn more about National Disability Employment Awareness Month, visit https://www.dol.gov/odep/topics/ndeam/.
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world's best networking company by solving customers' increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers' trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
SOURCE CenturyLink, Inc.