MONROE, La., Dec. 18, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Digital businesses and the erosion of the security perimeter are changing the way network endpoints are secured. Enterprises today need next-generation firewalls to address the evolving threat landscape across a dispersed network, while providing advanced features such as high throughput intrusion prevention systems. In response to the demand for greater agility in premises security, CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE: CTL) now offers Managed Palo Alto Firewall fully integrated with CenturyLink's Security Log Monitoring service.
"At CenturyLink, we know digital businesses want end-to-end visibility and control over securing their networks without putting additional strain on limited in-house resources," said Chris Smith, vice president of global security services for CenturyLink. "By bringing together CenturyLink's correlated threat intelligence and rapid threat detection and response capabilities with Palo Alto Networks next-generation firewalls, we're helping enterprises protect their increasingly complex networks against the changing threat landscape."
Learn more about CenturyLink's managed firewall solutions: https://www.centurylink.com/business/security/managed-firewall.html.
According to IDC's Worldwide Semiannual Security Spending Guide (October 2018), managed security services will drive a compound annual growth rate of more than 18 percent for security services in 2018.
"We are pleased to work with CenturyLink to offer customers a managed next-generation firewall that has the intelligence, automation and high performance to stop attacks in their tracks," said Karl Soderlund, senior vice president, worldwide channels for Palo Alto Networks.
- CenturyLink's Security Log Monitoring platform manages and monitors a diverse set of Palo Alto Networks next-generation firewalls with enhanced visibility and threat intelligence capabilities, as well as rich integration with its portal and mobile application.
- Managed Palo Alto Firewall offers a wide range of intrusion prevention systems throughput, from 610 Mbps to 20 Gbps.
- Features supported by Managed Palo Alto Firewall include: anti-virus, URL filtering, site-to-site and client VPNs, in addition to application, content and user identification.
- With Managed Palo Alto Firewall, customers can choose the monitoring options that best serve their business needs, either managed by CenturyLink or by in-house resources.
- Read IDC's Market Note on CenturyLink Security Log Monitoring: https://www.centurylink.com/asset/business/enterprise/executive-brief/ctl-enhances-slm-for-hybrid-it-idc-report.pdf.
- Discover the depth and breadth of CenturyLink's Security Services: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXY1rkM7RTA.
- Read the CenturyLink 2018 Threat Report: https://www.multivu.com/players/English/8085056-centurylink-2018-threat-report/.
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world's best networking company by solving customers' increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers' trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
SOURCE CenturyLink, Inc.