HILLSBORO, Ore., Nov. 11, 2019 –To support customers’ growing demand to connect to state-of the-art data centers, CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE: CTL) has expanded its network capabilities in Hillsboro.
The fiber connectivity brings the new 108-megawatt QTS data center facility on to CenturyLink’s global network and provides a new, diverse physical path for several data centers in the area including Flexential (formerly ViaWest), Alcolek and T5 facilities. It also connects CenturyLink’s global network backbone to the two new data centers currently under construction.
“We welcome the expansion of CenturyLink’s network in the Silicon Forest enabling the future of Hillsboro’s data center corridor,” said Skip Newberry, president and chief executive officer, Technology Association of Oregon. “The new capacity connects data centers and major tech companies to CenturyLink’s scalable, global network and positions Hillsboro at the forefront of innovation.”
The new fiber expansion, completed earlier this year, will also benefit numerous businesses with operations in Hillsboro.
“With this strategic investment, CenturyLink is demonstrating its commitment to Hillsboro, an area that continues to show tremendous growth in Oregon,” said Justin McAleer, general manager, CenturyLink. “The expansion delivers fiber-based connectivity, improved performance and shortened deployment timelines to clients in the eight data centers currently operating in Hillsboro. We understand the importance of a secure and reliable network that delivers faster connections to support the evolution of business, not only for Hillsboro’s Silicon Forest, but globally.”
Learn more about how CenturyLink’s global fiber network for low-latency and adaptive network connectivity from data centers powers business:
- How to move massive amounts of data securely: https://www.centurylink.com/business/networking/wavelengths.html
- Benefits of linking public and private clouds: https://www.centurylink.com/business/hybrid-it-cloud/cloud-connect.html
- Connect users and bandwidth-intensive business applications: https://www.centurylink.com/business/networking/internet-access.html
- Build and create private any-to-any/point-to-point customer paths: https://www.centurylink.com/business/networking/mpls-ipvpn.html
- Adaptive Networking https://www.centurylink.com/business/networking.html
- For more information on CenturyLink business solutions, please visit: https://www.centurylink.com/business
CenturyLink, (NYSE: CTL) is a technology leader delivering hybrid networking, cloud connectivity, and security solutions to customers around the world. Through its extensive global fiber network, CenturyLink provides secure and reliable services to meet the growing digital demands of businesses and consumers. CenturyLink strives to be the trusted connection to the networked world and is focused on delivering technology that enhances the customer experience. Learn more at https://news.centurylink.com.