DENVER, Nov. 26, 2019 – CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE: CTL) is expanding its network to bring next generation connectivity to Denver and the surrounding area, with fast and reliable fiber gigabit internet service for thousands of homes and businesses, helping subscribers create a seamless digital experience.
“CenturyLink’s investment in our region is helping power Colorado’s ranking as America’s top economy,” said J.J. Ament, CEO, Metro Denver Economic Development Corporation. “Their fiber gigabit service, which brings high-speed fiber connection to our homes and businesses, will literally connect us to the world – enabling economic activity and commerce to take place from virtually anywhere.”
CenturyLink, with more than 6,000 Denver area employees, is committed to bringing next generation fiber gigabit service to an additional 46,000 homes and 1,300 businesses by early 2020 to meet the growing broadband needs in this metro area.
“The internet connection powers homes, businesses, education and health care, and helps create a digital home experience that improves our quality of life,” said Chris Denzin, CenturyLink VP of consumer sales. “CenturyLink Fiber Gigabit can provide the capacity customers need, now and into the future, connecting people to video entertainment, smart home devices, gaming, security systems and more, with the number of connections expected to grow. Denver residents need the fiber technology to efficiently support all these connections and be ready for what lies ahead, and CenturyLink is here to provide a fast, reliable network.”
CenturyLink’s fiber project will be a rolling turn-up. Once areas are complete, residents and businesses will be eligible to sign-up and begin receiving service. Residents and small business owners who wish to learn more and sign-up to be notified when the service is available in their neighborhood can visit: www.centurylink.com/denverfiber.
The benefits of fiber technology
- Provides symmetrical speeds allowing users to upload and download content at up to 940 megabits per second.
- Provides enough power to simultaneously download music and movies while gaming and streaming HD and 4K content, with virtually no lag time.
- May have a positive impact on property values, education, business and future economic development.
- Can easily handle the current and future demands of numerous connected devices in homes and businesses.
- Fiber Gigabit service will allow customers to quickly download content:
- Photos (5 MB) in 0.04 seconds
- Music (70 MB) in .56 seconds
- TV shows (175 MB) in 1.49 seconds
- Movies (700 MB) in 5.9 seconds
- In addition, customers with Fiber Gigabit service will be able to back up a 16 GB smartphone in 2.27 minutes.
- Currently in the U.S., there are approximately 8 networked devices per person, a number expected to climb to 13.6 per person by 2022 according to the Cisco Visual Networking Index 2018.
- The average fiber-connected household generated 86 Gigabytes of data per month in 2017 and will generate 264 Gigabytes per month by 2022, according to the Cisco VNI.
- Data also shows home values may increase when connected to a fiber internet service.
Visit www.centurylink.com/denverfiber for more information about the project
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a technology leader delivering hybrid networking, cloud connectivity, and security solutions to customers around the world. Through its extensive global fiber network, CenturyLink provides secure and reliable services to meet the growing digital demands of businesses and consumers. CenturyLink strives to be the trusted connection to the networked world and is focused on delivering technology that enhances the customer experience. Learn more at http://news.centurylink.com/.