DENVER, April 22, 2021 Lumen Technologies (NYSE: LUMN) released its 2020 Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) report summarizing 2020 efforts to invest in people, deliver value to customers, work fairly with suppliers, support community and build long-term value for shareholders. It also reviews the company’s plans for 2021 and beyond to evolve its integrated, cohesive sustainability strategy and build the future of the company.
Read the report here: Lumen 2020 Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Report
- Met COVID-19 Head-on: Innovation, flexibility and speed put Lumen in the lead to succeed in the face of COVID-19 challenges. Effective business continuity planning and supply chain management met rapidly evolving customer demands. The company also successfully transitioned 75% of its workforce to work-from-home, within days.
- Expanded Diversity and Inclusion Efforts: The company looked inward and outward, growing diversity goals and launching improved supplier diversity programs. Lumen appointed its Chief Diversity Officer, India Sylvester, and expanded the diversity of its Board of Directors. Additional programs made the goals and efforts more robust including unconscious bias training and diverse interview programs, diverse hiring panels, diversity mentoring programs and the completion of a pay equity study and corresponding adjustments.
- Reduced Carbon Footprint: CDP (Carbon Disclosure Project) awarded Lumen an “A-” score in December 2020 for 2019 efforts at the “leadership level” among the top 8% of responding companies.
- Supported STEM Education: P-TECH (Pathways in Technology Early College High School) virtually offered “Lumen Learning Labs” in artificial intelligence, big data, cybersecurity and professional skills. The company awarded 114 Teacher and Technology grants and provided ongoing support for PCs for People, distributing computers to disadvantaged students and families.
- Barron’s Top 100 Sustainable Companies in 2020
- 100% Disability Equality Index “2020 Best Places to Work for People with Disabilities”
- Forbes America’s Best Employers for Diversity list
- Frost & Sullivan: 2020 Latin America Enterprise Services Company of the Year Award
- Frost & Sullivan: Top Innovator in U.S. Business Carrier Ethernet Market
- Honored as Best of Best Employer by Black Employment and Entrepreneur Journal and the Hispanic Network Magazine
- Human Rights Campaign's 2020 Corporate Equality Index – 100% Score
With the purpose to further human progress through technology, Lumen is guided by the belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work.
The Lumen Platform seeks to deliver new technologies across various industries to help customers meet their sustainability goals. As a key enabler for smart cities, smart factories and smart farms, Lumen is striving to address the complex challenges of expanding opportunities and delivering sustainable growth in a world of finite resources. With a dedicated, innovative team of business leaders, technologists and strategists, Lumen believes in driving innovation by:
- Achieving science-based greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions reduction targets to help mitigate global climate change
- Enhancing the Edge Experience Center, helping customers see and experience firsthand the potential of Lumen Edge Computing solutions
- Continuously evolving a suite of platform enablement tools, including application programming interfaces (APIs) based on an open and modular architecture that enables the deployment of the low-latency services that have the potential to drive real-time waste reduction and optimization of energy and water usage in industrial applications
- Supporting digital safety with a focus on a more secure internet with vigilant review of cyber security, data privacy, customer privacy and information security
- Delivering innovative solutions based on the 4th Industrial Revolution technologies that further human progress
Understanding stakeholder goals and priorities allows Lumen to make better strategic decisions focused on investing in employees, delivering value to customers, working fairly with suppliers, supporting its communities and building long-term value for shareholders.
About Lumen Technologies: Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With approximately 450,000 route fiber miles and serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about the Lumen network, edge cloud, security, communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com/home, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies. Lumen and Lumen Technologies are registered trademarks of Lumen Technologies LLC in the United States. Lumen Technologies LLC is a wholly owned affiliate of Lumen Technologies Inc.
Except for historical and factual information, the matters set forth in this release identified by words such as "will,” “should,” "expects," "anticipates," "believes," "plans," "intends," and similar expressions are forward-looking statements as defined by the federal securities laws and are subject to the "safe harbor" protections thereunder. These forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future results and are based on current expectations only and are subject to various uncertainties. Actual events and results may differ materially from those anticipated by us in those statements for several reasons, including those discussed in our ESG Report under Item 1A, “Risk Factors,” and elsewhere in our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2020, as updated by Part II, Item 1A, ”Risk Factors” in our subsequently filed Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q and other documents we file from time to time with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. We may change our intention or plans discussed in our forward-looking statements without notice at any time for any reason.