Google's CDN Interconnect Provides Faster, More Secure Way for Customers to Distribute Content from Google's Cloud Platform
BROOMFIELD, Colo., Sept. 9, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Google Cloud Platform customers can for the first time access Level 3 Communications' (NYSE: LVLT) content delivery network services through CDN Interconnect, part of the Google Cloud Interconnect family of products. CDN Interconnect offers Cloud Platform customers the ability to use Level 3's CDN to distribute cloud-based content as close as possible to end users – increasing speed and quality of delivery, and improving the overall end-user experience.
- Google Cloud Platform customers now have an easier and faster way to deliver content to end users by using Level 3's CDN, which is directly connected to Google Cloud Platform's Edge network.
- Traffic from Google Cloud Platform to Level 3's CDN travels through high-performance links from Google's edge points of presence (PoPs) to Level 3's Origin Servers. Content is then distributed to global edge caching locations. This allows end users to access content from the caching location closest to them, providing a lower latency experience.
- Google Cloud Platform is already part of Level 3's global Cloud Connect Solutions ecosystem, which provides enterprise-grade connectivity from enterprise offices, data centers and other network resources directly to Google Cloud Platform in North America, Europe, Latin America and Asia.
About Level 3's CDN Solution:
Level 3's CDN is known for providing fast, secure and reliable delivery of content worldwide. The benefits of Level 3's CDN include:
- Scalability: As bandwidth demands change, Level 3's global network has the ability to scale with content volatility and can deliver a resilient storage server solution for publishing live content taken in from a live encoder
- Flexibility: The configuration of the network is designed to create a high-quality user experience through its ability to deliver content in multiple formats, including: HTTP, HTTPS, HLS, HDS, DASH and Smooth Streaming
- Security: Through the use of Geo and IP Blocking, Token and User Authentication, SSL and DDoS mitigation, accelerated delivery and performance is supported by comprehensive content security
Anthony Christie, Chief Marketing Officer, Level 3
"With the continued rise in online and mobile applications has come the explosion of bandwidth-heavy content such as HD video, image-filled Web pages and streaming music, making it even more critical for content companies to use the right infrastructure to provide smooth and fast delivery. Through Level 3's collaboration with Google, customers of Google Cloud Platform now have a seamless way to deliver content to their end users using CDN Interconnect and Level 3's global CDN network."
About Level 3 Communications
Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT) is a Fortune 500 company that provides local, national and global communications services to enterprise, government and carrier customers. Level 3's comprehensive portfolio of secure, managed solutions includes fiber and infrastructure solutions; IP-based voice and data communications; wide-area Ethernet services; video and content distribution; data center and cloud-based solutions. Level 3 serves customers in more than 500 markets in over 60 countries across a global services platform anchored by owned fiber networks on three continents and connected by extensive undersea facilities. For more information, please visit www.level3.com or get to know us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
© Level 3 Communications, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Level 3, Vyvx, Venuenet+, Level 3 Communications, Level (3) and the Level 3 Logo are either registered service marks or service marks of Level 3 Communications, LLC and/or one of its Affiliates in the United States and elsewhere. Any other service names, product names, company names or logos included herein are the trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Level 3 services are provided by subsidiaries of Level 3 Communications, Inc.
Some statements made in this press release are forward-looking in nature and are based on management's current expectations or beliefs. These forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of performance and are subject to a number of uncertainties and other factors, many of which are outside Level 3's control, which could cause actual events to differ materially from those expressed or implied by the statements. Important factors that could prevent Level 3 from achieving its stated goals include, but are not limited to, the company's ability to: successfully integrate the tw telecom acquisition; manage risks associated with continued uncertainty in the global economy; increase revenue from its services to realize its targets for financial and operating performance; maintain and increase traffic on its network; develop and maintain effective business support systems; manage system and network failures or disruptions; avert the breach of its network and computer system security measures; develop new services that meet customer demands and generate acceptable margins; manage the future expansion or adaptation of its network to remain competitive; defend intellectual property and proprietary rights; manage continued or accelerated decreases in market pricing for communications services; obtain capacity for its network from other providers and interconnect its network with other networks on favorable terms; attract and retain qualified management and other personnel; successfully integrate future acquisitions; effectively manage political, legal, regulatory, foreign currency and other risks it is exposed to due to its substantial international operations; mitigate its exposure to contingent liabilities; and meet all of the terms and conditions of its debt obligations. Additional information concerning these and other important factors can be found within Level 3's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Statements in this press release should be evaluated in light of these important factors. Level 3 is under no obligation to, and expressly disclaims any such obligation to, update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140908/144115
SOURCE Level 3 Communications, Inc.