SÃO PAULO, Sept. 26, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Global communications and IT service provider CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE: CTL) has completed a fiber optic route expansion in the Northeastern region of Brazil. Extending approximately 2,300 kilometers, the new route connects cities between Fortaleza, CE and Salvador, BA.
CenturyLink's already established infrastructure concentrated in Fortaleza, CE, serves as a connection point between its terrestrial and submarine cables, providing direct connectivity to its approximately 720,000 kilometers of fiber routes globally. The company also has sales offices in the capital cities of Recife, PE, and Salvador, BA.
This new route enables transport and IP services (Internet, IP VPN and high-capacity EVPL), in addition to providing access to CenturyLink's comprehensive global product portfolio and to a diversity of fiber routes, for the deployment of contingency environments.
"As Brazilian companies' technological needs increase, CenturyLink is committed to meeting our customers' current and future business needs," said José Eduardo Freitas, director of data products – connectivity, media and IP for CenturyLink in Brazil. "We understand how important it is to have a secure and reliable network that delivers faster connections to support the evolution of business. With this expansion, we can offer local infrastructure and support to more companies in the region, as well as global connectivity, thus creating a portal for the exchange of information, both nationally and globally."
- The new 2,300-kilometer fiber optic route connects Fortaleza to Salvador.
- This route enables transport and IP services (Internet, IP VPN and high-capacity EVPL) in intermediate cities in Fortaleza, Mossoró, João Pessoa, Recife, Rio Largo, Arapiraca, Aracaju, Alagoinhas, Camaçari and Salvador.
- This network has an installed capacity of more than 300 gigabits in the transmission layer.
- With the beginning of this route's operation, corporations, internet service providers, telecommunications companies and local governments will all have access to high level services, in addition to regional or global reach and the advantage of concentrating everything in a single provider with a diversity of routes.
- CenturyLink has an infrastructure of more than 26,000 kilometers distributed throughout Latin America.
- CenturyLink has approximately 450,000 route miles of fiber globally and serves customers in more than 60 countries.
- CenturyLink's global IP infrastructure capacity exceeds 72 terabits per second.
- CenturyLink has more than 100,000 on-net buildings around the world.
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world's best networking company by solving customers' increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers' trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.