CHARLESTON, SC, Feb. 25, 2020 – Charleston is one of the fastest growing metro areas in the U.S., and that means an increased demand for high-speed internet and data capacity to support economic growth, product innovation and leading-edge technology. To help meet this growing need and to build for the future, CenturyLink, Inc (NYSE: CTL) is expanding its fiber network infrastructure to enterprise businesses, technology corporations, start-ups, data centers and other businesses in the Charleston area.
Charleston Leaders Comment
Leading-edge companies are impressed by the benefits CenturyLink’s fiber network will bring to the area:
- “Robust technology infrastructure is one of the key components of our success as we work to solve some of the tech industry’s most complex problems. The expansion of CenturyLink’s scalable, global network allows us to expand our operations and maintain our status at the forefront of innovation.” – Rob Moser, president and chief operating officer of Charleston-based Immedion
- “The presence of a robust and competitive communications infrastructure is critical to the success of Charleston’s growing tech economy. We are delighted with CenturyLink’s recent investment in support of our effort to build a high-wage tech and innovation economy.” – Ernest Andrade, executive director, Charleston Digital Corridor
Connecting the Silicon Harbor
Home to more than 250 software firms, security companies and technology firms, Charleston’s Silicon Harbor will have access to CenturyLink’s global fiber network and the largest internet service provider (ISP) in the world.
“CenturyLink is a committed partner in the Charleston area, and we understand how to support the needs of one of the fastest growing tech cities in the country,” said Ben Team, general manager, CenturyLink, Carolinas. “This progressive and diverse environment is driving explosive growth in the demand for fiber-based communication services. With our aggressive investment in the technology infrastructure of the region, CenturyLink is fueling the digital economy and thriving business community in Charleston.”
Digital Corridor Investment
The Charleston network expansion, expected to be completed by mid-year 2020, will tie together existing CenturyLink fiber routes connecting metro Charleston to the growing tech economy in North Charleston. CenturyLink’s new infrastructure will allow companies to blend network connectivity, data storage, security and edge compute services into one integrated package to meet the complex business needs of this growing region.
Learn how Zoom leverages CenturyLink’s global network and advanced capabilities.
- Resources for technology companies who are focused on innovation: https://www.centurylink.com/business/industries/technology.html
- Read the Blog: “Sharpen your edge for digital transformation” https://blog.centurylink.com/sharpen-your-edge-for-digital-transformation-2-0/
- For more information on CenturyLink and its business products and services, visit: https://www.centurylink.com/business
CenturyLink, (NYSE: CTL) is a technology leader delivering hybrid networking, cloud connectivity, and security solutions to customers around the world. Through its extensive global fiber network, CenturyLink provides secure and reliable services to meet the growing digital demands of businesses and consumers. CenturyLink strives to be the trusted connection to the networked world and is focused on delivering technology that enhances the customer experience. Learn more at https://news.centurylink.com
# # #