BOGOTÁ, Colombia, October 8, 2020 – Lumen (NYSE: LUMN) has expanded its “Colombia XV” data center in Bogotá to help meet enterprise customers’ demands and enable companies to fully leverage their applications with enhanced data access, administration and management. The expansion consolidates its footprint while adding an additional 450 square meters of space, creating nearly 2,400 square meters of white area in the data center.
“We are in a place where massive data-driven technology is advancing the way we work and live,” said Felipe Gómez Jaramillo, data center, security and cloud director for Lumen, in the LATAM Andean cluster. “In this 4th Industrial Revolution, data becomes the pillar for groundbreaking business decisions so it’s important for this data to be properly stored, processed, assured, and analyzed.”
Additionally, these data centers provide the technology to address the demands that the market needs, allowing for scalable, effective, secure, and cost-effective solutions. Businesses across all industries are using this type of infrastructure and its access to Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) to help increase cost effectiveness. Thus, enterprises can focus their investments and efforts in their core business, while assuring information security, management, and availability.
In addition to the hosting and housing services provided at Lumen’s data centers, companies have access to Platform as a Service (PaaS) offerings. They can receive a comprehensive technological infrastructure solution that’s fully managed and secure, such as private and public clouds, physical and virtual server farms, operational systems management and data bases, managed security, storage and backup.
“Lumen looks very different today than it did even just a few years ago, and the services and solutions we are delivering have changed as well,” said Gomez. “Lumen is focused on providing a technology platform that helps our enterprise customers take advantage of emerging applications and create amazing digital experiences, all of which calls for enhancing and upgrading our data centers.”
- Colombia XV is Tier III design and construction certified from the Uptime Institute; ISO 9001: 2015; ISO 27001:2013; ISO 27017:2015; ISAE3402 SOC1; PCI-DSS 3.21; ISO/IEC; 27001:2013; ISO/IEC 27017:2015; SAP Outsourcing Operations Partner and Veritas Gold Partner, which reflects the company’s commitment to maintaining high quality levels as required by international standards and rules for data centers management.
- Lumen owns 18 data centers in Latin America and more than 350 worldwide, all of them connected to Lumen’s IP Network backbone. Lumen data center customers can easily meet their broadband network access needs.
- Lumen data centers in Latin America are located in some of the main cities where the company provides services: Argentina (4), Brazil (3), Chile (1), Colombia (3) (two in Bogotá and one in Cali), Ecuador (3), Peru (1), and Venezuela (1).
- Lumen’s data center modular building system follows corporate guidelines meant to assure appropriate performance of IT and communications equipment in its facilities.
- Own building or independent access.
- 24/7 monitored access and surveillance.
- CCTV with cameras in all transit areas.
- Visitors access only accompanied by company staff.
- Access report on demand.
- Redundant and high availability resources.
- Subsystems of power generation, transformation, securitization, distribution, cooling, and fire extinguisher in architecture.
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure platform for apps and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences.
Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security, communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Lumen and Lumen Technologies are registered trademarks of Lumen Technologies, LLC in the United States. Lumen Technologies, LLC is a wholly-owned affiliate of CenturyLink, Inc.
Follow us in our Social media of LATAM:
* The Lumen brand was launched on September 14, 2020. As a result, CenturyLink, Inc. is referred to as Lumen Technologies, or simply Lumen. The legal name CenturyLink, Inc. is expected to be formally changed to Lumen Technologies, Inc. upon the completion of all applicable requirements.
# # #
Tel: +55 11 3957-2424