MONROE, La., March 12, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE: CTL) today announced Bill Bradley, senior vice president, cyber engineering and technology services, has been named a member of the Louisiana cybersecurity commission.
The commission, established in December 2017 by Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards, includes 15 appointed members who are tasked with coordinating cybersecurity efforts among state governmental agencies, local governments, tribal governments, public and private companies, academic institutions and others.
"CenturyLink applauds Governor Edwards for developing this commission to help defend the state of Louisiana and its citizens against the growing number of cyber threats," Bradley said. "With our expansive view of the internet, backed by our global IP backbone, CenturyLink offers actionable threat intelligence and next-generation security solutions that reduce the cost and complexity of protecting against cyber attacks. We look forward to working with the other members of the commission and our cyber partners nationwide in strengthening Louisiana's cybersecurity awareness and capabilities."
- CenturyLink and collab9, a leading FedRAMP-authorized provider of secure cloud communications, recently announced a contract to provide Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) capabilities to the Defense Nuclear Facilities Safety Board (DNFSB).
- As a 2018 Data Privacy Day Champion, CenturyLink joined the National Cyber Security Alliance in the global effort to create awareness about the importance of respecting privacy, safeguarding data and enabling trust.
- Bradley delivered a cybersecurity keynote to high-ranking government, military and industry leaders at the annual NATO Information Assurance Symposium (NIAS17).
- CenturyLink's 2017 Cybersecurity Summit brought together high-ranking government and cybersecurity experts to explore increasingly complex cyber threats and how organizations can improve their security posture in today's digital world.
- Read about Big Data's Big Peril: Security
- Discover CenturyLink's global Adaptive Network Security solution
- Manage cybersecurity risk through digital transformation
- Secure your network and infrastructure
- 6 ways poor security can cost your business
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world's best networking company by solving customers' increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers' trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cybersecurity solutions that help protect their business.
SOURCE CenturyLink, Inc.