SANTIAGO, Chile, Dec. 11, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Global communications and IT provider CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE: CTL) is expanding its broad regional offering of colocation, hosting, cloud computing, security, collaboration, communications and managed services for its existing and new customers by launching a new energy and space efficient data center in Chile.
Learn more about CenturyLink´s new data center: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdeRYioFU6A
"Located in Huechuraba, north of the Chilean capital, Santiago, and in proximity to customers, the new facility has 24x7 availability, next-generation security systems and is energy and space efficient through the use of an innovative construction model," said Gabriel del Campo, vice president, data center and security, CenturyLink Latin America. "Using a modular construction model, we were able to have the facility operational in less time -- an important benefit to customers eager to take advantage of our data center services."
Chile's new data center integrates with CenturyLink's 18 other data centers in Latin America, as well as the company's broad global infrastructure, by providing direct connectivity to CenturyLink's approximately 450,000 route miles of fiber globally.
"Our data center and managed services business is growing," added del Campo. "We count on high quality data centers to provide our customers with the best solutions and services."
The data center will provide customers with a processing environment designed to deliver high levels of availability, improved quality and increased speed of access to the rest of the world. The new facility also offers customers fiber route diversity for deployment of contingency environments.
Through this innovative construction model, CenturyLink was able to meet the following objectives:
- Offer infrastructure in compliance with the Uptime Institute's TIER III requirements and regulations TIA 942 and NFPA75 to ensure the level of service required by enterprise customers, in alignment with the strictest rules for next-generation data centers.
- Maximize power efficiency and optimize the use of space.
- Offer a seismic resistant computing center.
- Reduce launch times for new data center rooms.
- Similar to the data center CenturyLink opened earlier this year in Quito, Ecuador, the new data center was built using a modular construction system known as eCentre, a pre-assembled facility, equipped and tested in the factory in Sweden, and customized to ensure the building meets all local structural regulations for this type of construction.
- The first phase of the project consisted of a one floor 1500KW data center; however, the complete project is designed to enable vertical expansion to two floors, offering additional space for more than 120 racks on each floor.
- CenturyLink's data centers host both CenturyLink's and customers' environments, with a team of specialized technicians managing the environments.
- CenturyLink's data centers in Latin America received several certifications, including the Uptime Institute's TIER III, SAP Hosting Partner, ISO/IEC 27017 and ISO/IEC 27001, reflecting its commitment to maintain the high level of quality established by international standards for data center management.
- CenturyLink regularly measures and improves its data center and security services. An important part of its ongoing maintenance process includes updating and renewing the certification of its installations, the foundation for its strict information security policies, for traditional and cloud services.
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world's best networking company by solving customers' increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers' trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.