SÃO PAULO, Feb. 21, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Global communications and IT services provider CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE: CTL) received two additional ISO certifications for its data centers in Latin America. Certifications confirm adherence to the strictest information technology policies.
- ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Certification for Information Security Management Systems for the services provided in its data centers in Buenos Aires, Santiago, Lima, Quito and Bogotá (Colombia XV and SUBA).
- ISO/IEC 27017:2015 Code of Practice for Information Security Controls for cloud services, which includes a compliance statement for the services provided in its data centers in Bogotá (Colombia XV), Colombia.
"These certifications demonstrate CenturyLink's adherence to strict information security policies and underscore the measures we have implemented to protect data hosted in our environments," said Gabriel del Campo, vice president of data centers, security and cloud for CenturyLink in Latin America. "The certifications require a comprehensive effort to define the best strategy; adding new roles, functions, processes and procedures; and implementing technology improvements, including extra controls to safeguard our data center services environment."
- These certifications are an extension of the ISO 27001 certificate and ISO 27017 compliance statement issued for São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro data centers in 2016.
- Valid for one year, ISO/IEC 27017:2015 and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 were approved after an audit of data center processes and infrastructure, conducted by TÜV Rheinland, a provider of technical, safety and certification services. TÜV Rheinland evaluated various security controls applied to the services and infrastructure of those data centers.
- CenturyLink operates more than 360 data centers worldwide, 18 of which are located in Latin America.
- CenturyLink's data centers host both CenturyLink's and customers' IT environments, and are managed by an on-site team of specialized technicians.
- CenturyLink´s global data center infrastructure has direct connectivity to its more than 720,000 km of fiber network (450,000 route miles), and serves customers in more than 60 countries.
About ISO/IEC Certifications:
ISO/IEC is the international standard for IT Service Management. It describes an integrated set of management processes that form a service management system for the effective delivery of services to the business and its customers.
- Learn more about CenturyLink's data centers in Latin America: http://bit.ly/CTL-Latam-DataCenters
- Watch the video about CenturyLink data centers in Latin America: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6ZE1ejygYY&t=25s
- Watch the openings of CenturyLink data centers in the region:
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world's best networking company by solving customers' increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers' trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.