Scalable, in-country CDN services offer one-stop-shop for companies and other institutions seeking to build presence in Latin America and beyond
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina, Feb. 26, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Triggered by the content demand growth in Latin America, CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE: CTL) has expanded its content delivery network (CDN) service capabilities in Brazil, Chile and Mexico.
"Throughout Latin America, people are spending more time on the internet enjoying their favorite video content, playing or downloading music and games, reading up on the latest news and making purchases," said Pablo Yañez, vice president of connectivity, media & IP for CenturyLink in Latin America. "We have a strategic focus around growing our CDN service to address the ever-increasing demand and globalization of online platforms, such as OTT video, gaming and e-commerce."
In response to the increased demand from entertainment and enterprise customers for fast, reliable and scalable event-based and steady state content delivery, CenturyLink has expanded service capabilities in México and Chile. In addition, the company has added a new point of presence (PoP) in Fortaleza, Brazil, to enhance service performance in the northeast region of the country.
"This current expansion shows our commitment to providing secure, scalable network solutions for customers around the world to grow their businesses and reach audiences worldwide," added Yañez. "We will continue to extend our reach as it makes sense for our business and our customers."
- CenturyLink´s Latin American CDN nodes are located in São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Fortaleza (Brazil), Mexico City (Mexico), Santiago (Chile), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Bogotá (Colombia), Lima (Peru) and Quito (Ecuador).
- Some of the largest Latin American TV programmers have leveraged CenturyLink's global CDN to deliver live feeds of large-scale sporting events, such as the 2018 championship soccer tournament in Russia.
- Digital transformation has meant that more content providers are digitalizing their workflows while expanding their reach to end users independent of the network operator, through OTT platforms. CenturyLink's CDN is a critical component in enabling these workflows, and can scale to meet demand, helping deliver a world-class viewer experience.
- CenturyLink's CDN:
- Delivered ~42.8 exabytes of data globally in 2018.
- Answered 74.4 trillion requests globally for content like videos or photos in 2018.
- Saw global year-over-year peak traffic growth (from 15.75 Tbps in 2017 to 27.98 Tbps in 2018).
- Provides 40+ Tbps of total edge capacity across 6 continents in more than 100 major cities.
- Offers 60 petabytes of storage.
- View a short video that provides an overview of CenturyLink´s CDN capabilities: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm_lWvo0RCk
- Read more about CenturyLink's CDN:https://www.centurylink.com/business/networking/cdn.html
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world's best networking company by solving customers' increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers' trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.