SÃO PAULO, Brazil, May 06, 2019 – Global communications and IT services provider CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE: CTL) expanded its data center infrastructure in Rio de Janeiro to accommodate broad regional demand from customers for colocation, hosting, cloud computing, security, collaboration and communications services.
“Companies throughout the world are using cloud technology to innovate faster, improve customer experience and deepen their business processes to accelerate the growth of digital business," said Gabriel del Campo, vice president of data centers, security and cloud for CenturyLink in Latin America.
In order to configure adequate cloud solutions with optimum access times, it was necessary to bring processing capacity closer to users through this expansion. Overall, CenturyLink counts on 18 data centers in Latin America to provide customers with direct connectivity to its global fiber network.
"Because Rio de Janeiro is one of the country's largest economies and hosts headquarters and subsidiaries of national and multinational companies, we expanded our data center structure to meet the region's demands," added del Campo.
Located in the São Cristovão neighborhood, the Rio de Janeiro data center now possesses a total area of 2,000 sq. meters. The data center offers customers processing environment designed to provide high levels of availability, better quality and higher access speeds to the rest of the world through CenturyLink Cloud Connect solutions.
- CenturyLink operates three data centers in Brazil and more than 360 globally.
- The newly expanded structure in Rio de Janeiro counts on 1.5 MW IT charge capacity, 500 TRS of air conditioning and a total of 300 racks.
- The company launched a new data center in Quito, Ecuador, and expanded its Santiago, Chile data center, both built through a modular system known as eCentre and customized to ensure that the building meets all local structural requirements.
- CenturyLink data centers host both CenturyLink and customer environments, managed by a specialized team of technicians.
- CenturyLink's data centers in Latin America received several certifications, such as the Tier III, from the Uptime Institute, SAP Hosting Partner, PCI DSS, ISO/IEC 27017 and ISO/IEC 27001, and the international certification ISO 20000-1:2011 for compliance with IT Services Management Systems, underscoring the company's commitment to maintaining the high levels of quality established by international standards for data center management.
- CenturyLink regularly measures and improves its data center and security services. An important part of its ongoing maintenance process includes updating and renewing the certification of its installations, the foundation for its strict information security policies, for traditional and cloud services.
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.