QUITO, Ecuador, Aug. 12, 2019 - CenturyLink Ecuador S.A., a subsidiary of the global communications and IT provider CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE: CTL), received Tier III Concurrently Maintainable Certification of Design Documents from Uptime Institute for its new data center in Carcelén, Quito, Ecuador. The certification recognizes high design standards for data center infrastructure and capability.
“We know our customers depend on us for a reliable data center experience, and we are committed to delivering a secure, efficient and scalable solution,” said Francisco Guzmán, general manager, CenturyLink, Ecuador. “To achieve this certification, a deep analysis was completed, enabling us to build a facility designed around our customers’ security needs and the quality of services provided to them. It was by taking this approach in the design of the data center we were able to meet the high standards demanded by the Uptime Institute.”
This is the fifth CenturyLink Tier III certified data center in Latin America. Customers can access the redundant, reliable data center services, laying a solid IT foundation for organizations both large and small.
- The Tier III Certification of Design Documents recognition indicates the data center’s design meets the demands determined by the global parameter system and the norms of the Uptime Institute for simultaneous maintenance.
- Data Center operators have the ability to isolate components and perform planned maintenance without suspending the data center’s operations or affecting IT operations.
- The CenturyLink Ecuador data center is managed by an on-site team of experienced technical specialists and the facility meets the latest specifications for earthquake preparedness, as well as industry guidelines for design of energy and environmental conditioning from Uptime Institute for a Tier III data center.
- CenturyLink’s global data center footprint has direct connectivity to its more than 720,000 kilometers (450,000 miles) of fiber network and metro market reach, serving customers located in more than 60 countries.
- CenturyLink operates more than 360 data centers worldwide, including 18 in Latin America, which host both CenturyLink’s and customers’ IT environments.
- CenturyLink’s data centers in Latin America received several certifications, including the Uptime Institute’s Tier III, SAP Hosting, SAP HANA, SAP Cloud and Infrastructure Partner, ISO/IEC 9000, 20000, 27001, 27017 and PCI-DSS, reflecting its commitment to maintain the high level of quality established by international standards for data center management.
- CenturyLink regularly measures and improves its data center and security services. An important part of the maintenance process includes updating and renewing the certification of its installations, the foundation for its strict information security policies, for traditional and cloud services.
About the Uptime Institute and Tier III Certification
The Uptime Institute is an independent international consulting organization, recognized as a reference for market practices on data center critical infrastructure.
In general, a Tier III design certification is based on a review of the design documents, and takes into consideration the planned construction and operation of the data center, including physical and logical safety structures, air conditioning and power structures, in addition to operational procedures and the ability to identify and isolate issues. It demonstrates that the data center is designed to allow maintenance of specific areas without impacting other parts of the infrastructure.
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a technology leader delivering hybrid networking, cloud connectivity, and security solutions to customers located in more than 60 countries. Through its extensive global fiber network, CenturyLink provides secure and reliable services to meet the growing digital demands of businesses and consumers. CenturyLink strives to be the trusted connection to the networked world and is focused on delivering technology that enhances the customer experience. Learn more at http://news.centurylink.com/