New staking nodes and blockchain solutions leverage Lumen global network and edge compute
DENVER, May 25, 2022 – Lumen Technologies (NYSE: LUMN) is providing enterprise-grade servers at the edge of the network, enabling blockchain ecosystem Flux to launch new staking nodes and accelerate building Web 3.0, a decentralized, next generation of the internet built on blockchain.
“Emerging tech companies need scalable and decentralized networks, and they increasingly turn to Lumen. Our advanced technology portfolio delivers cutting edge, next-generation solutions,” said Dave Young, senior vice president of strategic sales at Lumen. “Lumen’s investments in edge computing give emerging tech companies the power to meet the growing need for speed and global network presence – and both of these are critical for blockchain applications.”
- The open-source, community-driven Flux ecosystem provides the infrastructure and tools necessary to support the development of Web 3.0 and speed the pace of blockchain solution rollouts.
- The Lumen platform’s edge computing architecture and vast fiber connectivity provides Flux with the fast, secure, scalable and decentralized environment it needs to expand.
- This expansion supports Flux’s next launch of new staking nodes, called Project Titan, that will allow more users to participate in the network growth needed to build Web 3.0.
- The rapid growth and adoption of advanced technologies like Web 3.0, NFTs, blockchain, cryptocurrency and the metaverse is driving the need for access to a secure and highly distributed network of high-capacity servers.
“Our growing portfolio of blockchain resources and solutions encourages more widespread adoption and means that new technologies can emerge faster,” said Daniel Keller, co-founder and Chief Strategy Officer at Flux. “We believe that blockchain applications run most efficiently on the Flux ecosystem. We understood that to launch Project Titan, we needed to be able to scale up quickly on a distributed network. Now we have the additional capacity to add new staking nodes and ultimately grow the network.”
The Flux ecosystem provides the infrastructure and tools to support Web 3.0 development through a suite of decentralized computing and blockchain-as-a-service solutions. Tools and modules within the Flux ecosystem enable the creation of new blockchain products and help increase mainstream adoption.
- Flux nodes host blockchain-focused projects. The anticipated launch of Project Titan will leverage the Lumen network to quickly provision new staking nodes.
- With more than 12,300 geographically diverse nodes, Lumen’s servers enable Flux to scale its node structure and grow participation.
- Flux nodes require secure, dedicated, enterprise-grade hardware to operate on and provide real, useful computing power to the network.
About Lumen Technologies:
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With approximately 500,000 route fiber miles and serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about the Lumen network, edge cloud, security, communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com/home, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies. Lumen and Lumen Technologies are registered trademarks in the United States.
Flux is an entire ecosystem devoted to empowering the people of the internet to develop, deploy and use the decentralized internet of the future, the Web 3.0. At this moment, the Flux ecosystem consists of a native, minable POW cryptocurrency ($FLUX), a powerful decentralized computational network (FluxNodes), a Linux based operating system (FluxOS), the premier digital asset platform (Zelcore), and the Flux blockchain for on-chain governance, economics and parallel assets to provide interoperability with other blockchains and DeFi access. Currently, Flux has a computational network consisting of around 12,000 decentralized nodes globally with more than 82,500 CPU cores, 253 terabytes of RAM and 5,600 terabytes of storage. The network is fully operational hosting over 4000+ dapps and continues to deploy many decentralized projects and developing active partnerships with blockchain projects, businesses and app developers. Flux is and will always be an independent, community-driven and open-source project. Learn more: www.runonflux.io
For further information: Media Contact:
Danielle Spears |
Lumen Public Relations |
P: 321-256-3878 |