NESN (New England Sports Network) has joined the list of leading media companies to select Lumen Technologies (NYSE: LUMN) for broadcast and content backhaul delivery services. Lumen will provide these video delivery services for all Boston Bruins and Boston Red Sox away games. NESN will also leverage the Lumen dedicated Cloud Connect platform for disaster recovery, helping to ensure uninterrupted coverage for all NESN games.
“Lumen Vyvx broadcast delivery solutions provide the robust, high-quality broadcast connectivity we need to help ensure we can deliver to the millions of homes that count on us to bring them every Bruins and Red Sox game,” said Kenny Elcock, vice president of engineering at NESN. “Through our partnership with Lumen, we receive top-notch support for all of our distribution needs, as well as the peace of mind knowing all games are backed up via our cloud provider.”
NESN is delivered throughout the six-state New England region and nationally as NESN National. NESN is:
- New England’s largest television network, reaching nearly 4 million homes in nine designated market areas.
- Distributed on expanded basic cable and telco services, satellite, and OTT services.
- Ranked as one of the top 10 most valuable sports business brands in the world by Forbes Magazine in recent years.
“Media distributors trust Lumen Vyvx broadcast delivery solutions because of our decades-long track record of quality and reliability for delivering critical events,” said Pierre-louis Theron, vice president of product management for Lumen content delivery services. “We are proud of our partnerships with top-rated networks like NESN and look forward to helping them continue to expand the ways they deliver and secure their content.”
Lumen will provide signal acquisition, packaging services and disaster recovery solutions, for approximately 150 Red Sox games and 70 Boston Bruins games.
- Packaged services include a combination of video delivery of all Bruins and Red Sox away games, as well as services such as data and phones to support NESN’s remote-production requirements.
- Dual Managed Video Network Services platforms will be deployed to NESN to support all content acquisition and distribution.
- Lumen Vyvx Cloud Connect will be used to deliver all Bruins and Red Sox games to NESN’s cloud provider as disaster recovery.
To learn more about Lumen Vyvx broadcast solutions, visit: https://www.lumen.com/en-us/edge-computing/vyvx-broadcast-solutions.html